Monday, April 10, 2023

Begging and Pleading Lines Are Now Open

"Woooow! Rob came back and wrote a post. We thought he died or something."

Not quite yet. I was recently talking with a friend about how it's miraculous that I'm still alive. I mean, around a decade ago, I was on the phone with an old friend, and after telling him all of the crap that had been going on in my life at the time, he said, and I quote, "It's amazing you haven't committed suicide already."

That's what I get for dialing in to a discount therapy session with Pep Talks-R-Us

This blog post is so I can share my GoFundMe page. This is, in a way, a continuation of my post about my dental issues, except that I'm now asking for financial aid to get dentures.

I'm sure I've discussed this before, but diabetes control is about balance. Diet, exercise, and medication need to be balanced carefully... except that exercise for me is next to impossible. The strength in my hands is negligible due to atrophying muscles. The bones in my remaining foot have fused, and continue to fuse, creating an appendage that's not terribly useful. Without exercise, I have to maintain control with insulin and diet, and diet is going to be EXTREMELY difficult to maintain without teeth.

By the way, my last post mentioned two teeth that don't move when nudged. I actually tried to convince the dentist that if I could keep those two teeth, my future dentures would TECHNICALLY be partials, which would be cheaper. However, the gums are receding around those teeth just as much as everywhere else, putting them at risk for serious gum infections.

Remember my post on 10 November 2022? No? Well, of the four teeth I had removed around that time, one had broken off, leaving fragments behind. Infection had set it. SERIOUS infection. It was so badly infected that the dentist couldn't numb the site. When he went to grab what was left of the tooth still embedded in my gums, A LOT of pus came bubbling out of the sides. It was a real mess.

So all of my teeth need to go. But because diet and medication are the only two things allowing me to maintain control of my diabetes, I NEED teeth.

For all of the times I've had to beg for financial aid, this is the first time that it's not an emergency. The extractions will begin on 9 May 2023, and that's just the beginning. There'll be another two or three extraction sessions after that. And that means there's plenty of time to reach my goal of... 

Yeah. Sure. That's a perfectly reasonable goal. All I need is one million people to donate $1.00 and I'll be all set.

Seriously, I set the goal at $1,600.00 because that's what it will actually cost. But if there's a millionaire out there willing to throw money at me, I won't complain.

Clicking on this sentence will bring up my GFM page. (Yeah, I linked it twice. Desperate times, desperate measures, etc.) What I'm actually asking for is maybe $5.00 a month for the next six months or so, which should help me meet my goal. If you can't afford to help, just share the page with friends and family. Every little bit helps. And although I'm not in a rush, the sooner I meet my goal, the sooner I can stop worrying about it.

That's it, folks. I came to my blog to plead for help. And if I manage to think of a diabetes topic I haven't already discussed, I'll come back to post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are no longer moderated. Hate speech, politics, and religion are not welcome in the comment section UNLESS they are directly related to the post's subject, such as the price of insulin. Please be civil. Be advised that I am often EXTREMELY honest with my answers, so be absolutely sure you want an answer before asking any questions.